- Tuesday, June 11 7-9:00 p.m.
- Royal Manor Condominiums, 1120 8th Avenue ( at Seneca), 4th floor
- Cost is $20 paid at the door
- Space is limited. RSVP email@example.com
- Members and their guests welcome
- Volunteer to help at the event here or contact SPSCA web editor.
We are having a ticket giveaway courtesy of CBS Films and Allied Global Marketing for the film PAVAROTTI, a riveting documentary by Ron Howard that lifts the curtain on the icon who brought opera to the people. Luciano Pavarotti gave his life to the music and a voice to the world. This cinematic event features history-making performances and intimate interviews.
- Who: Current members. Not a current member? Join or renew today.
- What: Two tickets to the advance screening of PAVAROTTI film
- When: Tuesday, June 4 at 7:00 p.m.
- Where: AMC Pacific Place, 600 Pine St., Seattle
- How: Submit your full name and e-mail address to SPSCA Web editor by May 29.
- Drawing will be held on May 30 at T.S. McHugh’s Happy Hour following our SIFF film event. You do not need to be present to win.
Seattle Perugia Sister City Association (SPSCA) will be continuing its annual tradition of sponsoring an Italian film with the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF). This year’s selection is Twin Flower (Fiore Gemello). Set in Sardinia, Twin Flower is the story of two young outcasts: Basim, an undocumented immigrant from the Ivory Coast who is fleeing the Italian authorities, and Anna, who is evading the pursuit of an obsessive human trafficker. The two develop a bond through shared hardship and a desire for freedom.
Members are invited to the May 30 screening at 6:00 p.m. at SIFF Cinema Uptown. The director, Laura Luchetti, is expected to be in attendance at this event. Following the film, members are also welcome to attend a no-host Happy Hour at nearby T.S. McHugh’s, located at 21 Mercer Street. Not a member? Join today!
Additional screenings of Twin Flower will be on May 23 at 8:45 p.m. at the Ark Lodge and May 31 at 3:00 p.m., also at the Uptown.
In addition to Twin Flower, five other Italian language films and two Italian artist’s films will be shown at SIFF this year. Titles and brief descriptions here.
Thanks to Danielle Hayden for this submission.
Pottery Northwest is hosting an Open House and Kiln Yard Social Sunday, May 19 from 2:00-5:00 p.m. There will be clay demonstrations, studio tours, artist talks and refreshments. For further information or to RSVP, click here.
Seattle Perugia Sister City Association partners with Pottery Northwest, Accademia Belle Arti Perugia (Academy of Fine Arts of Perugia) and the Fondazione Moretti (Deruta, Italy) for the De Poi artist exchange. In alternate years, ceramic artists from Seattle and Perugia serve a three-week residency, learning about local pottery techniques and experiencing the diverse artistic communities of each city. In June, there will be a student from Perugia visiting Seattle.