Applicant Criteria and Process
- Must be a member in good standing of the Seattle-Perugia Sister City Association for at least one year before submitting an application.
If you are not a member or if your membership has lapsed, please JOIN / RENEW so that you may qualify to apply in 2025.
- Must remain a member of the SPSCA while attending Università per Stranieri.
- Must be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen.
- Must have some basic knowledge of the Italian language.
- To further our mission, must commit to supporting SPSCA through volunteering for a minimum of one year after attending Università per Stranieri.
THE SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- One-month’s tuition at the University for Foreigners (Università per Stranieri)
- A 500-euro stipend to help offset travel / living expenses
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Travel arrangements and expenses
- Living arrangements and expenses during the month of study
- Passport and any other required travel documents
- Individual tax consequences related to receipt of the scholarship package
NOTE: The scholarship and the stipend (if used for room and board and/or living expenses while on scholarship) are taxable. Additional details can be found at: Scholarship FAQ
HOW TO APPLY:
- Qualified candidates must complete the application form and submit it online or send via email per the instructions provided.
- Submit your scholarship application one of two ways:
Download the PDF version, complete it, and follow the instructions on the form to submit it.
***The application deadline for 2024 scholarships is February 29, 2024.***
The SPSCA Scholarship Committee will review all applications received by the designated deadline, select candidates to move forward in the interview process and award up to four scholarships. Recipients will be notified no later than April 1.
For more information, go to: Scholarship FAQ
Questions? Write to: SPSCA Scholarships
For more information on Seattle-Perugia Sister City Association, visit our website at: www.seattle-perugia.org.