Applicant Criteria and Process
SPSCA annually awards up to four scholarships to study Italian language and culture at the University for Foreigners (Università per Stranieri). Scholars have the opportunity to study Italian with native speakers, and experience the local culture in Perugia, Umbria Italy.
- Must be a current member of Seattle-Perugia Sister City Association
- Must be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen
- Must have some basic knowledge of the Italian language
- Must commit to supporting SPSCA through volunteering to further our mission
THE SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- One-month’s tuition at the University for Foreigners (Università per Stranieri)
- A 500-euro stipend to help offset travel / living expenses
SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Travel arrangements and expenses
- Living arrangements and expenses during the month of study
- Passport and any other required travel documents
- Individual tax consequences related to receipt of the scholarship package
NOTE: The scholarship and the stipend (if used for room and board and/or living expenses while on scholarship) are taxable. Additional details can be found at: Scholarship FAQ
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates must complete the application form and submit it online or send via email per the instructions provided.
Submit your scholarship application one of two ways:
Download the PDF version, complete it, and follow the instructions on the form to submit it.
***The application deadline is March 15, 2023.***
The SPSCA Scholarship Committee will review all applications received by the designated deadline, select candidates to move forward in the interview process and award up to four scholarships. Recipients will be notified no later than April 15.
For more information, go to: Scholarship FAQ
Questions? Write to: SPSCA Scholarships
For more information on Seattle-Perugia Sister City Association, visit our website at: www.seattle-perugia.org.