Enjoy events year-round
Cinema Italian Style is bringing the best in new Italian cinema right to your home in 2020—with a virtual 12th edition! Featuring work from established masters and new voices, pre-recorded filmmaker Q&As, and films spanning the country, Cinema Italian Style will hit your screens December 10 – 17, 2020. Join us for una settimana di straordinari film italiani! https://www.siff.net/year-round-cinema/film-festivals/cinema-italian-style
Passes go on sale November 19, and the full lineup and tickets will be released December 3.
See our Events tab for most current scheduled events!
We sponsor a robust series of events and activities throughout the year. As a member, you’ll receive our bimonthly e-newsletter, Il Grifone, that will keep you up-to-date on news and events.
Our events are meticulously planned to offer culturally authentic, enjoyable and educational experiences. Plus you’ll meet other members with similar interests.
- Cinema Italian Style. Held in November in partnership with SIFF, this festival features the best in contemporary Italian film. It has become one of the signature cultural events in Seattle.
- Wine tastings. We partner with smaller hands-on wine importers in an event that showcases distinctive Italian wines.
- Annual members picnic. Held each August, this is one of our most popular events, alternating between a downtown condo and a historic farm in south King County. Meet new members, enjoy fantastic food, and hear what’s in store for the sister-city group in coming months.
- Cultural events. A range of lectures, museum tours, art installations. We take an active role at Festa Italiana, the region’s largest celebration of all things Italian, and invite our members to volunteer at our booth.
- Group dinners. A member dinner is a highlight of the year, usually held at local restaurants and coupled with the screening of an Italian film.
- De Poi artist exchange. This new artist exchange was launched with Pottery Northwest, Accademia Belle Arti Perugia (Academy of Fine Arts of Perugia) and the Fondazione Moretti (Deruta, Italy). In alternate years, ceramic artists from Seattle and Perugia serve a three-week residency, learning about local pottery techniques and experiencing the diverse artistic communities of each city.
- Cooking demonstrations. Casual, family-oriented cooking demonstrations take advantage of the talents of local chefs or Italian chefs who are in Seattle for book tours or cooking classes.
Want to volunteer?
We are always looking for members to help plan or staff an event or join one of our many committees. If you have a talent you want to contribute or the time to volunteer at an event, let us know. Contact our volunteer chairperson at [email protected] to be notified when volunteer opportunities come up.